Sunday, November 05, 2023

Legacy Progress - Day 6

 I set up my microphone in the late afternoon, and recorded a couple of chapters, then went and did other stuff (my nephew has another book he has to read for his English class, so we're doing two chapters a day so we won't be behind when the deadline hits in December), and came back and recorded a couple more.

I unplugged the mic and decided to go for a run, but then helped my other nephew clean and replace his turtle aquarium and replace it with a big plastic tub.  I listed some figures on eBay (Marvel Legends has a new wave that's really good--and selling well--for a change), then got a text from Marshal that I'd screwed up a couple of lines in the chapter I sent him.

So, instead of my run, I sat down and re-did those lines, then decided to do one more chapter, since they're always short.  But this one turned out to be the longest chapter in the book (so far), so it was nearly two am when I finished, and decided that there'd be no running tonight.

All good, right?


Except the next morning (tomorrow's post), when I uploaded the relines for Marshal . . . I realized I hadn't plugged the microphone back in.  It had recorded audio, but not useable audio.  And the longest chapter?


Well, on with the countdown.

No comments: