Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Legacy Progress - Day 15

 I got two chapters edited today, which ain't great, but is good.


One of the main characters in the book is named Wisteria, and that's a word that, apart from the buzz around "Desperate Housewives," I've never heard or read.

So, it may come as no surprise that I sometimes call her "Wist-air-ya" and sometimes call her "Wist-ear-ya."  And you might say, "Rish, who cares how you pronounce it; it's not like it's a real word."

And preach on, brother, except Abigail Hilton cares.  And she would argue that wisteria is indeed a word, even going so far as to send me links to Wikipedia (that she obviously created herself in an elaborate attempt to gaslight me).

Luckily, I've managed to pronounce "rat's pizzle" correctly throughout.  So far.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

We have wisteria growing in our backyard. They're nice flowers. I'd attach a picture, but I don't think the comments are made for such a thing. Here's a blogpost I wrote about our wisteria, though, if you'd like to see pictures.