Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Sweeps - Day 546

This is the final day of July.  Maybe I can do something special with my writing toda--

Nope, the day's already over.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In July: 3049

There was a toy show a couple of towns over that I was, pretty embarrassingly, quite excited about.  I was going to take my nephews, and that became only one nephew, and then that nephew went to summer camp this week, so it became just me and my cousin.  But to our surprise, his daughters* wanted to come along at the last minute.

So, I spent most of the day hanging out with my cousin and his kids.  They are well-behaved and it was uneventful.  The toy show was so small and casual that we had seen pretty much everything there was to see within an hour, so we left around lunchtime, and never went back.

The other day, Big Anklevich told me he really wanted the Mrs. Incredible/Elastigirl action figure that came out at the beginning of the year, and I told him I hadn't seen one in months.  He said, "Well, if you have one, or ever find another one, I want it."

To my surprise, there was one at the Target we went to after eating.  And that makes me wonder: Have I been seeing them this whole spring and summer and haven't noticed (because it's not a figure I want), or did this one just happen to show up, five to seven months later, when I happened to be looking for it?

Of course, the third option is, that Big's desire WILLED it into being.  Just in case, I'm going to ask him to really want a hot neighbor to move into that empty house on our block.

Push-ups Today: 202
Push-ups In July: 3399

Why do I get the feeling those vintage Star Wars toys aren't as rare as we've been led to believe?

As far as writing goes, it seems like I always end each month with a whimper.  Must be psychological.

Words Today: oh jeez, 307
Words In July: 27,617

*He's got three of them, not quite as horrifying as the four daughters the main lady on "Evil" was saddled with, but still . . .

No comments: