Monday, July 26, 2021

July Sweeps - Day 541

I'm back in the library now.  I've been blogging for a while, then writing, then back to blogging.  I might go back to writing again, but we'll see.*  Speaking of which, I did a word count on the current project (once again, I've forgotten the name), and it's over forty thousand words now, which makes it officially a novel.  I should be proud, but I'll reserve that feeling for when I get to the end.

Which reminds me: Abigail Hilton sent me a message yesterday, saying that she's finished her most recent novel in the Refugees Trilogy (what I think of as "The Scarlet Albatross Trilogy"), and that she'll send it to me to narrate in three or four months.  That thrills me to hear.

It thrills me because her books are really good, thrills me because Abbie's a friend of mine, and because she pays me to do it.  Oh, and it's so nice to do narration where I can just focus on the performance and not on revisions or improving the text.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In July: 2749

I just heard a male voice whisper, "I know you're not real" here in the library.  It was enough to make me look around, trying to see if they guy was alone or talking to someone.  It was NOT the crazy guy from the other day, but just a normal-looking college student type.

He has headphones in, though, so maybe he's not being tormented by ghosts or demons or the ghost of Rosie O'Donnell.*

I went back to my usual routine with the exercise today, going on my 1.6 mile jog, doing the sit-ups and the push-ups.  And it didn't kill me.  Yet.

Push-ups Today: 200
Sit-ups In July: 2830

Words Today: 566
Words In July: 23,877

*I actually wrote a tiny bit as soon as I woke up this morning, which is really unlike me.  I wonder if the most successful writers write first thing in the morning.

**I realize Rosie O'Donnell is still alive, but that name just came into my head.  I put a line in my Lara Demming story about the late singer Adele, just meaning to be another of my "Characters In My Stories Aren't Geniuses" jokes, but boy, I'd feel bad if she really did die.  Because of me.

No comments: