Sunday, July 11, 2021

July Sweeps - Day 526

This was a lazy day, and I'm okay with that.  It was a hundred and four degrees outside, and that tends to take a little bit out of a person, especially after he drives all over this county and the next without finding anything.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In July: 1166

After writing so many words yesterday (oh, I forgot, I went and wrote again at the end of the night, and didn't include those in my word count.  Gonna fix that now), I decided to either NOT write today, or do so little that I could focus on publishing instead.  What I ended up doing was, while the kids were all out fishing, I hooked up the microphone and recorded the rest of "Made Just For You," the Lara Demming Christmas story.  I got through to the end (it's only a short story, after all), and now it's just a cover away from me putting it out there.

Remind me to get that published in the next week, and move on to the next one.

Push-ups Today: 70
Push-ups In July: 1334

I saw this image the other day, and it amused me.  

I was reminded of my buddy Matthew, who was obsessed with the little warnings and Danger! cartoons you could see pretty much every day.  If digital cameras had been around (of course, they existed, but weren't really accessible in those days--and I remember the first one that I got, for Christmas of '06 or '07, was such a piece of crap that I probably took thirty or so terrible photos with it before stopping using it altogether), he would've had quite a collection of them, to display, to impress the ladies with, maybe to have an Instagram account using.

Once he pointed out how funny some of the "Careful - fire hazard!" or "Danger of electric shock!" or "Do not molest while machine is in use!" drawings were, I could never un-see them.  Even now, they make me smile.

But hey, that may just be me.  And I'm okay with that.

Words Today: 207 (a very small number, but ah well)
Words In July: 11,388

No comments: