Monday, July 19, 2021

July Sweeps - Day 534

So, today was pretty painful.  I had taped a piece of toilet paper over my torn-open right palm, because I didn't have any band-aids, but it had dried to it and couldn't be taken off without tearing off the scab, etc..  And when I stepped in the shower, every place I had scraped raw yesterday burned as though it was salt instead of hot water spraying down on me.  

But hey, you should've seen the other guy.

Sit-ups Today: 150 (I tried to do extra, to make up for my lack of push-ups)
Sit-ups In July: 2039

You would not believe how often you use your palms during your day to day life, ranging from using them to push you out of bed to pressing toothpaste out of the tube, from shifting a car to getting out your wallet, from opening the refrigerator to pulling on your pants.  Even now, typing is not painful, exactly, but difficult, as I keep typing incorrectly and having to backspace and correct myself.  And where I rolled onto my knee is starting to hurt more, despite it looking rather tepid, as far as bruises go.

Since I absolutely WON'T be running tonight (or even doing push-ups), I should be able to channel that effort into publishing or editing audio, so there's a bright side to the sit--

Oh wait, we're doing another Ewok "Delusions of Grandeur" episode tonight.  Darn.

I did hit the library, and wrote as hard as I could until they made the announcement that they'd be closing in ten minutes.  Then I took off, but as I was leaving, I saw the librarian that I mentioned the other day (the one who tried to explain that Graphic Novels and Comics are not the same, so they're in different sections, despite there being Captain America and Batman books in both sections), when the crazy guy was being all crazy guy next to me.  He did not laugh as I described the situation, and looked at me with suspicion when I got to the punchline ("Sir, there was no one next to you; you were sitting alone.").

Ah well.

Push-ups Today: 10 (I had planned on doing two)
Push-ups In July: 2238

Talk to you later.

Words Today: 1502
Words In July: 17,580

No comments: