Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May Sweeps - Day 479

Today marks forty-four years since STAR WARS came out (and 38 since ROTJ).  Just figured I'd mention that.

(I've never really liked the Hildebrandt Brothers poster, but hey, it's vintage)

This is my last visit to the library for a couple of days.  I have to remember to grab a couple of movies I have no interest in, that I probably won't have time for (it's a tradition).

Oh, and I wanted to mention (not that it's interesting, but things occur to me while I'm exercising) that during yesterday's run, I got heckled by a truck going by for the second time ever.*  They zoomed past and shouted something at me . . . but I didn't understand what they said because I was talking to myself at the time.

Ah well.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In May: 2512

I mowed the lawn today, and as always happens, I got a couple ideas for bits that could happen in the story (early on, as a set-up for the end, but not the ending itself, which is overdue).  I ran a few errands, and got here around five, so I could write . . . and promptly started surfing the internet.  And we complain that today's kids have no attention span.

Push-ups Today: 174
Push-ups In May: 2873

Even so, once I got focused (and by that, I mean that I hit a bit I was passionate about), it worked really well, I wrote my semblance of an action scene, and left with more words than I thought I had.  Which is nice.

Words Today: 1124
Words In May: 16,462

*Heck, it might have been the same vehicle that shouted mockery at me as they drove past in 2020.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

I wish I still lived there so I could drive by and shout mockery at you too. It just doesn't feel the same doing it over the phone.