Wednesday, May 19, 2021

May Sweeps - Day 473

Last night, at about three, I was about to go to sleep, and realized I had very few words written for the day.  And I tried--I really did--to get a couple more paragraphs written, just to raise that total a bit.

And I guess I succeeded . . . sort of.  Because what I ended up with was stuff like the following:

As she had this thought, she saw somebody walking on the sidewalk ahead of her, wearing a white sweater.  It was ___ ____, who had gone on the trip to Washington.

She didn't have time to pull out her arm and fix it, she had to follow the girl.  She made it through the front doors of the school, and lost ___.  But it didn't matter, another student wearing a white jacket, this one ___ ____, came down the hall and headed not for the ___ room, but the library.

Well, that's kind of embarrassing for me now, in the light of day, but I can fill in those blanks, sort of translate the above into English, and I doubt anyone will ever know that zombie me wrote it.  I'm guessing.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In May: 1949

I'm back at the library, and I've written zero words.  This blogging thing has grown tiresome, but it would be a lot less so if you'd comment every once in a while.

Push-ups Today: 171
Push-ups In May: 2182

Well, I buckled down and wrote what I could.  I've talked about the fact that I'm pantsing this one, right?  Maybe I never stop talking about that.  The problem is, I'm here now, at The Big Reveal . . . and I still don't know what it is.  I'll think about it on my run tonight, and maybe I can come up with something that satisfies me.  

Words Today: 1444
Words In May: 12,114

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

You can do it!