Sunday, May 09, 2021

May Sweeps - Day 463


So, today actually was Mother's Day, and we had another Sunday gathering, with my mom, her family, my uncle, his family, and my Aunt Blanca.  My brother came over, and had bought my mom a new porch swing (we all pitched it, but he's the one who hauled it around in his truck), and told me we were going to put it together.

The instructions were pretty bad, actually (in the manual, all the pieces were lettered A to Z, but the pieces themselves were numbered), but we managed to get it assembled in less than two hours.  My sister's kids being what they are, I imagine the swing will be completely destroyed well before Mother's Day 2022.

If I were a real writer, I'd make it a point to go sit on that swing with my laptop at least once a week and write a few hundred words.  I'm sure I won't, however.  Probably not even once.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In May: 883

Every time I go to Walmart, I see this sunglass display with a little girl wearing Yoda glasses:

It never fails to upset me.*

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In May: 917

I finally sat down and forced myself to finish recording "Two Month Retreat."  It honestly shouldn't have taken, what, two weeks to get it recorded.  I still feel like I need to sit down and re-work the first scene.  I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Words Today: 344
Words In May: 4779

*Big Anklevich used to talk about how, in the Eighties and early Nineties, Star Wars fans were cool and chillaxed, and Star Trek fans were geeky and dressed in embarrassing costumes.  But then by the end of the decade (and into the 21st Century), the Star Wars fans also became embarrassing mouth-breathers in masks, Jedi robes, and Zuckuss costumes.  It bothers him to this day, that the fandom he previously considered cool, have devolved into quite the opposite.  I submit the above sunglasses photo as Exhibit A toward Big's argument.

No comments: