Friday, May 07, 2021

May Sweeps - Day 461


My nephews went out to the desert a week or so ago (I wasn't invited) to do some kind of fossil-hunting activity.  They came back with several pieces of rock with trilobites in them, that they set on the porch just outside the front door.  Trilobites are really interesting, embedded in basalt (or whatever rock), but that's not why I'm typing this right now.

The reason I'm typing it is that, after shaving off my beard for last week's Hallmark movie, my facial hair has started growing in again . . . except that it's snowball white now.  That's a bit terrifying for me, who already disliked seeing himself in the mirror to begin with, but hey, what can you do?  And yesterday, my niece's boyfriend came over and said, when I opened the door, "I was admiring the fossils on the doorstep, and then another fossil answered the door."

It was a pretty clever line, really, but that didn't stop me from "fixing" the brakes on his car.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In May: 672

The other day, Marshal sent me a copy of his Facebook screen, where it was suggesting he add Brandon Sanderson as a friend.  I know he sent it to taunt me in the same way that your ex will send you a picture of her on the beach standing next to a guy in a Speedo with a too-prominent bulge.

But today, I logged into Facebook, and what did I see?

I ought to add him, just to be nice.

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In May: 717

Tonight, I went to a play for the first time since the pandemic.  The last play I went to was the best performance I have ever seen (a Southern California production of "Sweeney Todd"), and this one was . . . well, not so much.  It taught me a lesson (however small) that I don't want to ever see a play again where everybody in the audience wears masks.  I can wait a few months longer, I think.

Something I enjoyed way more than that, however, was a YouTube video someone sent me the link to of those Bad Lip Reading guys doing another Star Wars clip.  This time, it's the Snowspeeder Versus AT-ATs scene from EMPIRE, set to a surprisingly-catchy Rap song.  I normally do not like these--Star Wars is sacred to me, remember?--but this one stayed with me all day, and I watched it about four times . . . and am about to watch it again.

Words Today: 481
Words In May: 4205

No comments: