Tuesday, March 30, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 423

So, I was pretty pleased with myself for finishing that story/book yesterday (word count sits at just over 16,000 words, which means it'll probably stay a novelette instead of a novella, even when it's published (though I'll bet it'll hit more like 19,000 once I read it out loud and finesse it a little).  As promised, I sat down and looked at a list of insurance company slogans for titles, and found a couple that SORTA work, but none that jumped out at me as being The One.

Right now, I'm leaning toward calling it "The Company You Keep," which works, but one of the slogans, "Got You Under Our Wing" could also fit (though the word "our" instead of "my" probably disqualifies that one).

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In March: 3179

Unfortunately, today has not been a day for writing.  I didn't make it to the library, but went down south to help my aunt clear out her storage unit (we loaded it up last year when she and her husband moved in down there, but the two of them did not do well down there, and have since divorced, and he cleared his things out last week, and today was her turn).  Among the things we moved were the world's heaviest couch (I remember moving it with my Uncle Len in Vegas and how it seemed to weigh five hundred pounds [probably only two hundred], and now my brother-in-law and I were sans Uncle Len).

I went for my run today, and yikes, it was one of the really hard ones.  About halfway through it, I thought, "This is the hardest run I've done," because I was gasping and wanting to sit down.  But then it occurred to me that this has to be FAR from the hardest run I've done, because the number of runs I cut short by a block or two, or simply turned and went home, would rate in the double digits.  And I did force myself to do the full run, with no stopping, even though my face still feels like it's burning, and even my hair is sweaty right now.

Push-ups Today: 80 (I blew it as far as how many I was supposed to do today.  Tomorrow?)
Push-ups In March: 3061

I got my last rollerblading session (on the lawn) in today.  That makes 10 out of 10.

I hung out with my cousin tonight, and we watched "Seinfeld" and "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" together.  We had been watching that "Superman and Lois" show a month ago, but he said something about being done with it, so I guess that's that.  Only took two episodes.  Well, that's more than I lasted with "Star Trek: Discovery" or "Mr. Mayor" or "Blue Bloods" or "Undeclared"--all shows I quit watching after the very first episode.

Little bit of trivia for you, though: I watched every single episode of "Cop Rock" that aired on ABC in 1990, so don't let me sway you one way or another.


I mentioned recently how hard it was to see what TV syndication has done to the series "Friends."  My nephew continues to watch it, and now he's reached Season 3, which a certain Rish Outfield once proclaimed to be The Worst Season Of "Friends."  It's the one where Monica is dating Jon Favreau, and Giovanni Ribisi and Debra Jo Rupp are wanting Phoebe to have their baby, and Chandler is . . . holy smoke, what happened to Chandler?  He looks like he weighs about ninety pounds on the show right now (I do remember him ballooning in weight and dropping it all, depending on what substance Matthew Perry was using at the time, but still, it was a shock to see Gaunt Chandler again)!

But hey, the worst season of "Friends" is probably better than the best season of "Home Improvement" or "Big Bang Theory," so there.

Fat Chandler:

Skinny Chandler:

Season One Chandler (Goldilocks Chandler):


I got very little writing done during the day, but I got home before two at night, so I made myself write a little bit before allowing myself to sleep.  It's not ideal, but it still counts.

Words Today: 705
Words In March: 26,722

No comments: