Monday, March 01, 2021

February Sweeps - Day 394

This won't be an impressive blog post as I have nothing to report today.  

I had a busy Monday (still not done with work), and it's a new month, but I haven't done my Patreon address, nor even finished the episode I was recording on the drive to the canyon yesterday.  Marshal Latham and I are going to record a podcast tonight, but he usually isn't available till nine or ten, so that gives me a little time.

I noticed a (very) small plothole in "A Sidekick's Errand," and typed up a single paragraph to resolve it, but I didn't have time to record it or edit it into the rest of the story.  Something that occurred to me is that I could change all of the uses of "writer" to "journalist" or "newspaperman," so that it didn't sound like "rider" in the audiobook.  Or I could just enunciate "wri-TER" every time, but I wonder if that's going to bother anybody other than me.

I think back to when I used to read the monthly sales reports I'd get from Audible, seeing what was selling and how much I was making on the various audiobooks.  I stopped reading them altogether when I discovered that there were audiobooks I had recorded, edited, and put out there, that had never sold a single solitary copy.  It really put into perspective how fruitless my efforts had been* and probably contributed to me becoming way more picky in which projects I signed up to do.

Regardless, I was thinking that I could put out a collection that has "Choice of a Sidekick," "Birth of a Sidekick," "A Sidekick's Errand," and "A Sidekick's Journey" in it and maybe have a better chance of selling that than the two single volumes ("Birth" and "Journey") that are currently available.  Again, show me the Pause button on the world, so I can press it, get that out there, then go back about my day.

Sit-ups Today: 100

Push-ups Today: 70

Words Today: 960

*I got a check (direct deposited) for February today that said I had sold ONE audiobook (total) in Canada in the month of February.  While that's better than nothing, it's a bit of a chilly reminder that not much has changed since I first started doing this.

No comments: