Tuesday, March 16, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 409


I awoke this morning worried that I'd slept through my alarm again (although I had no alarm to go off yesterday, so I don't know if that qualifies).  It was grey and raining outside, but it could've been really early or really late.

I got up to check, and I had awakened nearly an hour early.  So, a responsible adult would say, "Since I overslept yesterday, this is my chance to make up for it, by rising extra early today."  But I didn't.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In March: 1629

The other day was my sister's birthday, and my immediate family all got together to celebrate.  My niece and her boyfriend brought over Cards Against Humanity, which I had heard of for years but never played.  It was almost shockingly vulgar, and I know my sister was embarrassed to have cards with the words "vagina," "smegma," "shit" and "Tucker Carlson" on them.*


It was really funny, and I was surprised that my niece and her boyfriend had played it so many times they knew all the cards by heart (I was also surprised my niece knew what smegma was).  I also found it interesting that who won each round depended on the sense of humor of each player, so that cards I'd have easily given the prize to were dismissed outright by my brother-in-law or niece's boyfriend.  Cathexis and I, creepily enough, turned out to have very similar senses of humor and tastes, which I ought to pity her for, but don't really.


At one point, my mother came over to the couch to find out what we were all laughing about.  And that, um, made the game a bit less . . . what's the word?

Oh, yes.  Fun.

Push-ups Today: 148
Push-ups In March: 1651

Once again, I stuck my rollerblades on and rolled around the backyard, getting a form of exercise, even if it's not going to help me really skate when (and if) I take it out on the road again.

Rollerblading In March: 5 (of 10)

As far as writing goes, if I were as dedicated to this as I was a year ago, I'd have finished my "Lara and the Witch" story (gosh, I've got to come up with a title for it, which might be pretty fun), and been halfway done with another one.  But hey, if I were as dedicated as I was two years ago, I would maybe be halfway through one of the stories I finished months ago, so there's that.

Words Today: 764
Words In March: 13,020

*Okay, that last one was a joke, but there was a card that had Rush Limbaugh on it.

No comments: