Friday, March 19, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 412

I have hundreds of open tabs on my laptop at any given time.  A lot of them are articles that I clicked on, meaning to read one day, but never got around to.  Several are free short stories published on e-zines that I want to read, but haven't (sometimes, when I'm at the cabin, miles from internet access, I get the time and inclination to read them, but can't open those tabs while I'm up there).  A couple are free image sites to presumably find cover art with, one day, when I publish something new (I guess I have "The One-Eyed Man Is King" I could put out there, or "Troubled Child," the story I wrote for Marshal Latham's podcast, but I hadn't really thought about putting them out there).  Some are links to the blog a girl I knew had in high school, when she was softer, and vulnerable, and inconceivably human.  Others are songs on YouTube that I was listening to, and left open to listen to again.  

One that I accidentally clicked on last night was the song "What They'll Say About Us" by Finneas.  It was a song I stumbled upon back in September or October, and listened to over and over and over again, meaning to record it as one of my storage unit songs.  But I never did, and eventually, I just forgot about it.  The song completely slipped from my recollection, despite how much it meant to me just a few short months ago.

I guess a lot of things are like that.  As I wind down this daily experiment, I'm super grateful that I had this time, caring so much about life and wanting things to change, that I actually addicted myself to exercise, blogging, and daily word count.  

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In March: 1929

I meant to record another chapter last night and/or finished editing the video on my computer, but the editing went so slowly (I made two or three edits in a half an hour) that I just went to sleep instead.

Push-ups Today: 66
Push-ups In March: 1932

Whoops, I farted just now, here in the library.  I hadn't intended for it to be as loud as it was, but holy smeg, it was a resounding blast.  It was the kind of fart King Kong would be responsible for in a movie (maybe that really dumb one Dwayne Johnson did with the giant animals a couple of years back), and it knocked several magazines off the Periodicals shelf.  I'm a bit embarrassed, but not too much to type about it.

Maybe I undersold it, though.  This library is within walking distance of a religious school, and immediately after my outburst, I heard "Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus . . ." coming from the Biography aisle.  Hmm.

Words Today: 1338
Words In March: 15,978

1 comment:

BeastVigilante said...

Public farts are the best farts.