Monday, March 15, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 408


My mom often tells me that, even though she's now in her seventies, she still has that dream where you've overslept and you're late for class, or you make it to class and there's a test you didn't study for.  I do too, but today, I actually did oversleep.  My phone was not there to wake me up this morning (I'm not laying blame on anybody, but when I found it in the living room, someone had installed a tower defense game on it that was not on the phone yesterday), and when I opened my eyes, I couldn't really tell what time it is, since the time changed two nights ago.

Turns out, it was late.  I should probably type that in all caps.  It was so late that I felt guilty about it for about three or four hours.  Still do, in fact, since my body thinks it should be about eight right now, but the clock at the bottom of my laptop says it's 10:47.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In March: 1529

Tuesday mornings are garbage days in the neighborhood, so every Monday I have to take the garbage cans to the curb.  Today I tried doing it with rollerblades on.  And--big surprise, actually--it was easier than I would've guessed, and an EFF of a lot easier than rollerblading on concrete.  One of them has a little clasp in it that is inside the boot, and it digs into my foot pretty painfully.  I wonder if its a remnant of when I broke my foot twenty years ago, or if the boot is just badly constructed.

Here's a photo of my foot:



I'm not posting this to say it's a terrible injury or anything--it really isn't--but I'm just wondering how a pair of rollerblades I've worn for a total of thirty minutes over the last three weeks could do that to my foot, through my socks.  

Maybe the next time I do it, I'll wear two pairs of socks.

Rollerblading In March: 4 (of 10)

Push-ups Today: 60
Push-ups In March: 1503

During my run tonight*, I thought that for that Dead & Breakfast story I wrote last month, I should call it "The Bad Guy."  But I was worried that somebody would think I named it after that revolting Billie Eilish song, so I thought maybe I'd call it "The Bad Man" or "The Bad Guy In Room 2."  Or "Bad Man In Room 2."  Let me know what you think in the comments, okay?

Well, since I know nobody will respond to that, I've decided to name the story "Kabuki Dong."  Thanks.

Words Today: 423
Words In March: 12,256

*My mother is sure that I'm going to get run down sometime, and I'm starting to think she was right.  t's like Big Anklevich used to always say about his ninety minute commute to work--that he knew that one day, there would be a crash, and that was how he would meet his end (and three months later, his wife would remarry.  THREE).  I'm beginning to be convinced that I will get killed that way.  I've had cars almost hit me a handful of times now, just because people either don't pay attention or I've lost so much weight they can't even see me (oh, and there's the two assholes that were driving on the wrong side of the road too, let's not forget them).

No comments: