Sunday, March 14, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 407


I can't believe that March is half over.  Looks like it's going to be another month where I only accomplish my sit-up goals.  

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In March: 1429

As far as audio editing goes, I started on that That Gets My Goat episode from 2019 that was presumed lost until I found it again in January.  I only got it about a third of the way done, but it has been neat to hear us speculating about THE AVENGERS since I (vaguely) know how all of it worked out as far as the films went.

The other day, I was walking down the sidewalk, when I saw a bag tied to the branch of a tree.  I assumed it was dog waste, somebody's garbage they had tossed out of their car, or at least a Walgreens bag filled with cash (like you sometimes see).  But no, it was two boxes of crackers or cookies, along with the receipt from the grocery store (the bag was pretty transparent, like my story about the guy who threw up in the parking lot or the one about the guy who was in an elevator with Britney Spears's sister and soiled himself).

It does make me think of one of those stories I love to write where there's a little town with a weird observance, and somebody goes to town and sees all these bags tied to trees, each with an item of some value in it.  Heck, look at that one, it's got an electric razor in it, still new in the package.  This one appears to be those sharp tools used to break up ice.  And that one, is that dynamite?  

Push-ups Today: 148
Push-ups In March: 1443

March is half over and I haven't managed nearly the rollerblading I had in mind.  I cannot oversell how scary it is for me, but I'll admit that doing it on the lawn where, even if I fell, the damage would be negligible, is much, much easier.  I did go out and did it it today, just as the sun was setting, and went around and around, concentrating on singing "Science Fiction Double Feature" the whole time instead of on my legs.  If I could get that good on cement, I'd consider myself a good enough skater.

Rollerblading In March: 3 (of 10)

I did get another chapter recorded in my audiobook, but that only amounted to exactly 149 words.  I jotted some more down before going to sleep, but I don't know if they'll make sense (I guess I can always rewrite them and count that as writing too), but at least I managed more than 150.

Words Today: 437
Words In March: 11,833

No comments: