Monday, March 08, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 401

"The rumors are terrible and cruel,
But honey, most of them are true."

Taylor Swift

Today, Monday, was so busy with work (the money kind) that I could be forgiven for not writing at all, but after yesterday's pathetic display, I feel like I have to at least double my numbers from yesterday.  

I have to go to the post office, to Fed Ex, and to the storage unit (where I really ought to do a song . . . why can't I have an extra two hours today, just to get things done?), and it just occurred to me that I didn't eat lunch, only a bit of breakfast and a Coke Zero.  Whoops.

Sit-ups Today: 110
Sit-ups In March: 852

A year ago, I was flirting with going jogging, doing it a couple of times a week, for about two-thirds or a half a mile.  Now, I go out running either six or seven days a week (but never more often than that--I'm not some kind of nutcase or anything).  On bad days, I get the need to turn around and go home before the half-mile point.  But on good days, I get to thinking about writing projects or ideas, and I am able to focus on that more than on my running, and before I even realize it, I'm a block from home.

This particular run, I was thinking of a new "Lara and the Witch" story, but not the ones I've been telling you about.  It occurred to me: What if Lara Demming ran into another girl who used witchcraft at her school?

And my imagination just started to run after that.  

Push-ups Today: 145
Push-ups In March: 810

Now, you've heard me bemoan that Big Anklevich once said to me that you knew a story was written by Rish Outfield if the main character was a big loser.  I know I've complained about that too often (he has since revised his statement that you know it's a story I wrote if the main character is a geek [which I'd say is a step up from being a loser]), but I would be totally fine with it if somebody said to me, "You know it's a story written by Rish Outfield if there's a mention of boobs, breasts or juggs somewhere."

One of my Facebook friends said in 2019 that she was no longer going to write any stories, from that point onward, that didn't have gay, lesbian, or LGBTQ characters in them.  This seemed awfully limiting to me at the time (since I sometimes write Children's, YA, and Western stories), but I think I understand her reasoning.  And I'm tempted to make a similar bold resolution, that I'm not going to write any stories from this point onward that don't mention breasts in them (or sketches or songs or haikus, while I'm at it).

Wish me luck.

Anyway, at the library, I started this story where Lara meets another witch (or "witch" in this girl's case), and if the place had been open its normal hours (instead of its shortened COVID schedule), I might have gotten two thousand words written.

But after my nightly run, I was eager to jot down my ideas, and I ended up writing more at the end of the day, bringing my total up way higher than anytime recently.

Words Today: 2141
Words In March: 7560

No comments: