Sunday, October 23, 2022

10-22 & 10-23

Yesterday, at the library, I did that thing where I sent Big my word count as I went, and he sent me his as he started writing.  I wrote a lot in a relatively short amount of time, and by the time they closed, I had over a thousand words.  By the time he went home, his count and mine were about even.

Today, I had a surprising amount of time at the library, because I'd had errands I had to run in the afternoon, and instead of going home, I hit the library first.  But I didn't use my time very well (when do I ever?), and got bored and quite right under a thousand (well, it was at 836 words, but I didn't set a goal to write a thousand words a day, so 836 is fine).  It may end up being the last writing I do this month (though I'll take a notebook and my laptop to Germany).

It was surprisingly cold today (hence my return visit to the cabin yesterday), but I still went for my run.  And man, it was rough: it was raining, and my breath plumed out with every step.  But I did it, like I said I would.  Which is a big deal, you know?

Exercise: Yes (22)

10-23

Tis my last day before the trip.  I've been packing, trying to clean up a little, and prepare.  It was pretty cold, but I still went on my run, which means I have exercised every day this month.  Not bad, even if it means nothing.

I had about an hour to kill in the afternoon, and I decided to edit a story (of mine, for a change).  I had planned on putting out another audio collection (the one with the introduction by Big), but I had never sent it to him.  I looked it over and saw that it had both "Murder Maze" and "You've Got A Friend" in it, neither of which were edited before.  But I edited "Murder Maze" on Wednesday, and opened the second one today.  It's a long story, with more than a two hour recording time.  That ate up that free hour pretty efficiently.

Exercise: Yes (23)


No comments: