Friday, October 21, 2022

10-21

10-21

Today was fairly busy for me.  I had an appointment in the morning, got a bit of work done afterward, and got a call right at noon from my nephew to come get him at school (guess his own parents were far away).  And then, I met my cousin for lunch, got gas, and drove all the way up to the cabin again to winterize the pipes for the storm that's supposed to be hitting this weekend.  Today, weather-wise, was pretty great, and I only needed a long-sleeved shirt once the sun went down.  Hard to imagine we'll be ankle-deep in snow in 48 hours.

It didn't take long to open all the valves, drain the water, and put anti-freeze in the sinks and toilets.  But since I had gone all the way up there, I grabbed my laptop and edited some audio, and re-recorded a single line for a podcast that I did a story for, but actually called me on a mis-line (which these guys never do, since we're essentially volunteer labor).  I considered recording another story from my Horror anthology (the last couple I did weren't good enough stories to consider editing, much less running on the show), but darned if the sun wasn't already getting low in the sky.  So I took off while I still had some daylight left, after recording another short podcast for my Patreon supporters (I've been doing this thing where I talk about a single pop song--calling it Rish On Records, which may not be inspired, but I can live with it--and so far, I've only posted them there).

I did a story for a podcast that they told me to re-do a line (I said "designed" instead of "designated"), but since I recorded it at the cabin, I figured I was out of luck (unless the cabin is still accessible in three weeks, and they didn't mind getting it a month from now).  But here I am, at the cabin again, in the same recording environment as before, so why not?  Funny, it took me all of one minute to re-record, and about six minutes to edit.  Ah well.

Now I'm here at the library, fully intending to return the fourteen items I'd checked out here over the last month . . . only I took out that bag when making room to pick up my nephew this afternoon.  Guess I'll have to return them tomorrow (which I don't mind; I like the library, if you couldn't tell).


When I got home, Hasbro had delivered their new Galactus action figure in a giant box.  If I'd been home earlier (my nephew had had to sign for them himself), I guess I could have taken them to the storage unit.  Another thing I'll have to take care of tomorrow.

Exercise: Yes (21)


No comments: