Thursday, October 20, 2022

10-20

10-20

This is a weird thing: For the second time since I started this blog, I went running twice in one day.  The five year old wanted me to take him for a run (which I usually do once a month or so), so we went out as the sun was setting, with the boy on my shoulders, and for the first time, didn't turn around and come home, but I went on down the street, sweating mightily with the extra weight on my shoulders, but got in a full run out of it.*  Then, he went to sleep, I edited a podcast, and then, realizing I still had a half hour before it would be time to head to my sister's (to pick up a big suitcase--mine is a lil bachelor's suitcase, suitable for a weekend excursion only) and to my cousin's (where we would watch "Star Trek: Lower Decks).  It wasn't enough time to hit the library to write, as I'd planned.

So I went on a second run, which I enjoyed in much the same way I used to in 2020, when I could feel my body getting into (slightly) better shape, and got a flood of endorphins for my trouble.

Exercise: Yes (20 days in a row)

*We passed an old man who, obviously unimpressed with my progress, said, "He should be carrying you!"

No comments: