Monday, October 17, 2022

10-16 & 10-17

10-16

I continue to be nervous about going to Europe, in just over a week now.  It's such a grand opportunity, I'd hate to blow it.  Or appear ungrateful.

I went to the cellphone store before the library to ask them about coverage and data usage in Europe.  By the time I got here and logged in, I only had half an hour to write in.  I randomly inserted the name of a children's book--The Very Hungry Caterpillar--into the story, then wasted a full ten minutes reading up on its publication history, meaning simply to see if it existed in the main character's childhood (it was published in 1969).

"The Washer Whispers" is really close to finished.  It's just over fifteen thousand words, which is less than I imagined, but is totally cromulent.  I imagine that, when it's done and edited, it'll be around seventeen, but jeez, who knows if I'll even be around when that happens.  Maybe one of you can do it for me after I'm dead and buried.

Though I think I'd like to be cremated, have that whole "sprinkle my ashes in the Pacific Ocean, play You Drive Me Crazy by Britney Spears while you're at it," sort of thing done.  My Uncle Len was cremated, which seems out of character for him (he was one of those, "The Lord will resurrect each of us after the blowing of a horn, into perfected versions of our moldering mortal bodies" kind of guys).

I did the stairs at the park today (before it got dark, even!) and tried to do them ten times, up and down, but after five times, my legs started to betray me, and on the sixth time down the steps, my brain started insisting that I was going to fall.  So I stopped that, and ran the rest of the way around the park and to my car.  I wish I enjoyed climbing stairs more, because I would like to try to reach my goal of ten times up and down sometime.  Maybe in the New Year.  Maybe never.

Exercise: Yes (16)

10-17

I had planned to go the library to write, but Abbie and I were recording an interview about her book, and it went surprisingly long.  I had the choice of going on a run or going to the library for half an hour, and I chose the former.

Exercise: Yes (17)

No comments: