Friday, September 30, 2022

9/30

I accomplished quite a bit today.  I had an appointment in the morning, got a bit of work done before lunch, drove down to my cousin's work and he treated me and a coworker to lunch (I ate a hamburger so big it probably took a week off my life), and then we went down to Ryan's childhood home to help his dad re-sod the front lawn.  It was dirty, sweaty work, and Uncle Jerry had allotted both this afternoon and tomorrow morning to getting it done . . . but the four of us managed to get the whole thing finished today.*

While Ryan was driving us down, I had texted my sister to ask if she needed me to mow her lawn.  She said the front was fine, but the back needed it, so after Ryan drove us back up, I went to her house and tackled the back lawn, which is really quite large, but she lets it get so overgrown that every time I mow, I have to empty the bag two or three times (and the first time was one of the hardest mowing jobs I've ever done, with the mower conking out every three feet or so).  While I mowed, I listened to Hasbro's Marvel Legends team livestream their action figure reveals, which is a fun passion of mine (I've probably given Hasbro as much money over the years as Cheech & Chong have their weed dealer).  When I was done, I was tired and in need of two showers, but I still hit the library right before it closed, and contined to work on "Balms & Sears," which has now crossed the seventy-thousand word mark.

And at the end of the night, I went on a run, just in case working in yards didn't count as exercise.  It was the last day of the month, after all.

Exercise: Yes (26)

*Except for the corners, which Jerry absolutely would not let us help him finish.  Finally, I said, "Why?  We're right here, we're already dirty--let's finish it."  And he said, "You don't understand, I want to finish it by myself."  I guess I don't understand, but we left him to it.

No comments: