Thursday, September 29, 2022

9-29

 9-29

Often I mention cruddy emails in my Spam folder (I have 536 of them today), like the one that keeps warning me that my prostate is the size of a lemon.  Today's trashy Spam email had the delightful subject line of "Rishout, I pooped INSTANTLY thanks to this Japanese black candy!"  Sorry to be me, but can you imagine a candy (or pill or drink) that made you poop instantly?  Can you imagine the warnings on the bottle or wrapper, to only consume it whilst on the toilet?*



I came to the library for the first time in over a week, and immediately opened Wikipedia to the history of Hall & Oates.  But beyond that, I wrote up most of an author's note for "Balms & Sears," and boy, if I could just hand that book to someone else and say, "Take a look at this, let me know where I need to fix things, and get it out into the world without me ever having to touch it again," I think I'd leap at that.  I don't think the book is nearly as bad as "Hatchling" turned out, but as I have said before, I am a short story writer (if I'm a writer at all, and not just an awesome narrator), not a novelist.


Exercise: Yes (25)

*And it would have to say "whilst," just to class everything up.

No comments: