Monday, September 05, 2022

9/5

Today was Labor Day, which gave me a chance to catch up on work, and, because the library and post office were both closed, let me focus on stuff other than work and writing.  Went for a run at night, and recorded two chapters of "Arcove," including probably the best chapter of the book, with two former enemies talking about their lives when they were young, and seeing the world the way the other did.  

And afterward, I watched EL CAMINO, the Netflix movie sequel to the series "Breaking Bad," which I'd never much cared about seeing before, but was sure glad I did, as it was excellent, and wrapped up the story of Jesse Pinkman just as "Better Call Saul" did with Saul Goodman.  It had a great pace, and made me care about the Jesse character, who I often struggled with on the show in a way that literally nobody else did.  I was glad I watched it, and it made me wish I were a real writer instead of just a bum, which is what I am.*

Of course, I then wasted, gee, a half hour or so reading posts of people either claiming or denying that Harry Styles spat on Chris Pine at a film festival in Venice.  I could've written something, I could've edited something, I could've read an article about Goya's fourteen "black paintings," I could've gone for a run, a walk, or a pee.  But I didn't.

Exercise Day: Yes (4)

*That reminds me, though: as down as I sometimes get (it's not really even that often anymore), I try to keep it to myself most of the time.  But the other day, I thought of Karloff's Frankenstein's Monster in BRIDE saying that he hated the living and loved the dead.  That moment kept echoing in my brain until I posted on Facebook an image of the Monster, and the quote.  Unfortunately, what he says in the movie is, "Hate living, love dead."  And after I posted that, I got a message from a girl I went to college with who interpreted it as some kind of cry for help (suicidal thoughts maybe) and asked me if I was alright.  It's not a huge thing, but I'm mentioning it anyway, because, hey.


No comments: