Saturday, August 27, 2022

8-26 & 8-27

I put more chapters of "Arcove's Bright Side" in the Dropbox, which brings my little meter to here:

8 / 52

Of course, what do I do when Abbie requests retakes?  Do I drop those off?  If so, this progress bar thing will lose a lot of its fun.

I managed 559 words at the library.  It's not a lot, but it's totally fine.  Heck, it IS a lot.  Next question.

I recorded the hardest chapter of the whole book tonight, which probably comes mid-way through, and even though it was difficult, maybe it'll be all downhill from this point on.

Arcove or Exercise: Arcove (and Writing)


8-27

I've been having a couple of sound problems while recording this past few days, and it turns out there's a short in the microphone cable where it's gotten frayed.  So I went to the store on Tuesday, looking for mic cables.  Then I went to another store.  No luck.  After that, I got online and ordered one from the web.  I didn't know how long I needed, but they ranged from thirty feet all the way to tiny, so I ordered a six foot one.

It came today, shipped in a little padded envelope.  But how could a six foot microphone cord fit in such a small envelope?  Well, it turns out that I ordered a six inch cable rather than six foot.  Fun.

I had an appointment at five-thirty today, so it meant I wouldn't be at the library when it closes at six, but I jetted over at four, just so I could work on something (this week, I'm organizing my story "The Case of the Missing Bracelet," which I wrote in September of last year, but I thought I'd include in a collection of Will Choner stories...and it's in rough shape.  It's about four thousand words long . . . and I think that's where it's supposed to be*).  I got almost no words, because I am undisciplined, but it occurred to me that I ought to count up all my words for the month (after all, I've been keeping track, if only to send them to Big each day), and see if I made my goal of 3000.

I did manage 379 words, which is not good, but technically doesn't qualify as bad either.

Also, I went for a run tonight, for the first time in a long while (I don't count the ones on Wednesday nights on the dam--those are just for self-punishment).

Arcove or Exercise or Writing: All Three

*It's also one of those stories that I don't really remember, except that I wrote it in Vegas, when we were there for my uncle's funeral.  There was a great deal of sitting around, waiting for the chance to be useful, and I filled it with this little inconsequential story.

No comments: