Friday, August 12, 2022

8-12

8-12

That deranged bastage Big Anklevich actually set up a Patreon fund for himself, after years of threatening.  My reaction was pretty subdued:


So, the guy has a Patreon, if you want to support him, over at THIS LINK.  Death be not proud, B.D. Anklevich.

I finally stuck the first two audio clips for "Arcove's Bright Side" in the Dropbox.  So that puts my graph at:

2 / 52

I went to the library, and only got 656 words, but that's totally fine.  I could've gotten more words, but I was reading about Anne Heche's car accident, her being declared brain dead, and a bunch of tributes that were coming in.  Ah well.

Back to "Balms & Sears."  I introduced a doctor at the end of the book, and asked Big what his name should be.  It took him a while to answer, so I named the character Doctor Thunder, which is the name of a Dr. Pepper knock-off I've seen on shelves (it might have been Shasta's version).  This was a couple of days ago.


Anyway, today I was finishing that scene, and as a joke, I had changed his name to Doctor Chunder.  What's worse, I had Searched and Replaced every version of Thunder and turned it into Chunder, which amuses me, but probably wouldn't work on you.

This is what came up when I searched for "chunder."  You're welcome.

Of course, the character is not comic relief, in a scene that's as serious as whatever's playing at two am on CSPAN, so I decided to change it again.  Feeling desperate, I asked the internet for another word that rhymes with thunder and chunder . . . and it suggested bhunder.*

So yeah, his name is now Doctor Bhunder.  Sigh.

Apparently, this is a real item you can buy.  Both online and in Hell.

They're doing their second announcement, and the woman saying, "The library will close..." sounded particularly pissy about it.  Guess I'll log off now.

Exercise or Arcove: Arcove (and Writing)

P.S. Actually, I liked my hair better in this picture, which I specifically took to send to Big if he ever did set up his Patreon:



*Now, you may claim that's really a word (and if so, good for you--spoken in Christian Bale's voice), but I'm going to agree to disagree with the internet, and we can just move on.

No comments: