Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Unsettling Mystery

Shoot, this was from years ago, and I don't think I ever mentioned it.

Back when I'd go to the cabin every week, I arrived one day to find a tree right in front of where I park my car, and one side of it had been torn apart.  

I thought, "Holy pee, what kind of clawed animal could have done this?"  It was further disturbing because it was so HIGH up on the tree, filling my mind with images of bears, cougars, a badger that taught itself to walk on its hind legs (and attack genitals), and dudes with facial tattoos not named Post Malone.

But when I went back to close up the cabin with my brother (this would've been November, 2021), and I pointed it out to him, he told me that it was my nephew who'd done it, with a hatchet, because he was feeling bored and destructive.  Oh.


Gee, now I sort of understand why I didn't mention it before.

No comments: