Sunday, March 19, 2023

Cover Me, Porkins!

I've mentioned, maybe not as often as I should, that Big Anklevich has been helping me with my covers a great deal lately.  I'm trying to get back into self-publishing, and he has a strong visual sense.  Usually, our process is that I select an image, do a mock-up for it, and then he provides a better version, like this . . .

But something happened on the way to heaven; it got hold of him and wouldn't let go, and Big, on his own, started just grabbing covers of mine I had published years ago, and designed new covers for them.  And they just keep flooding in, covers like these:



Why would he do this, you may ask yourself.  And yeah, it's a good question.


I asked him myself, and Big said that he looked at some of those old covers (those old, perfectly cromulent covers), and thought they looked terrible, so he figured he'd see if he could do better.


I think it's the font that bothered him in some of the images, but a few of them he's completely reimagined, including these two really, really dark versions:


I wish there was some way to pay him back.



1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

I'm using it.