Thursday, March 16, 2023

2023 Goals - March Update

Alright, here's a check-in on how I'm doing on my 2023 goals...

1.  Record and Edit "The Cormorant" for Abigail Hilton by March Deadline (oh cool, it's an April deadline.  Very doable*).
It may be doable, but whether I do it or not is still up in the air.

2.  Finish recording and publish text of "Not The Same."
The text version is out.  

3. Put out audio version of "Not The Same."
I've got all but two chapters edited.  I can get this fairly soon.

4.  Plot out and start writing the third "Calling" story (and finish it?).
No progress.

5.  Exercise.  Some kind of doable goal.  Let's say 200 days in 2023.
I only got 27 days in the first two months, but I'm doing better.  And I only have to exercise sixteen days a month to get 200 days (at least by my math).

6.  Put out Christmas collection I was supposed to put out in 2020.
No progress.

7.   Put out Fifth Audio collection, with Introduction by Big Anklevich.
No progress.

8.  Buy no more GI Joe figures.  Enough!
Shoot, I bought some in January.  They were exclusives, and very few stores had gotten them--though that doesn't excuse my transgression.

9.  Do special "Delusions of Grandeur" episode for ROTJ 40th Anniversary.
I'm thinking it's too late now.

10.  Put out "Dead & Breakfast" collection 1.
No progress.  Except that Big is willing to do a cover for it...heck, he may have already done it on his own.

11. Get 10 episodes of TPTDSIN in 2023 (got 9 in 2022).
Well, I've put out one.

12.  Release at least 1 full-length audiobook of my own (not counting collection 5 or "Not the Same").
No progress.

13.  Put out second volume of "Caller I.D." on the Outcast . . . birthday week?
No progress.

14.  Enjoy A show as much as I enjoyed "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds."
I have watched some shows, mostly with my cousin, including "The Rookie" and "Mandalorian," and "The Last of Us."  Not sure I'm there yet.

15. Publish ten (10) stories.  That's ten, mutha-fu--
So far, I've published "Not the Same," "The People We Touch," and "The Bad Man In Room 2."  Currently working on "The Company You Keep."

Look, I can do better.  And I hope that I do.  Hopefully, you'll be around to give me thumbs up, if and when I do.

*Okay, it's doable.  Just not VERY doable.

No comments: