Wednesday, March 29, 2023

My Story "The Company You Keep" Available on Amazon

Hey, I managed to put out another novella, if you're interested.


"The Company You Keep" is another Lara & the Witch story*, this one set in Lara's first year of high school**.  Early in the year, she discovers that another girl, a Senior named Waverly Calderwood, is well-known to be a witch.  I know that I said I'd put these out years ago, but I'm finally doing it, little by little (the audio versions take longer, way longer).

Maybe you'll like this story.  It includes a reference to a Death Metal band known as the Gin Blossoms, so I can't help but be a little fond of it.

My brother gave me this shirt years ago.  I still wear it when doing painting.

Next up, I'll probably put out my 2020 short story "Winter Break," and after that, maybe the Lara & the Witch novella "Bundling Made Easy" (but that one's gonna take some work--I opened the file last week, and Lara tells some "I love you" virtually every other chapter).  I'll set some more publishing goals for April, and with luck, I'll achieve one or two.

Thanks again to Big Anklevich for making a cover for me that didn't suck (I'm going to try to interview him in April about the various covers he keeps making, but I may choose to take a nap instead), and if you want to buy a copy, just go to THIS LINK.

Oh, and to my horror, I discovered that there's a show on ABC called "The Company You Keep."  That was last night, and I published the book the night before.  Sigh.

This is an image Big made for me after I took two white mushrooms and altered them to look blue, then he took that same blue and made text with it.


*I've decided to use an ampersand in the series title, as well as Dead & Breakfast's and Lost & Found's.

**Lara's high school, like my own was, is Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth grades, with eighth and ninth making up junior high.

No comments: