Thursday, March 23, 2023

Audiobook Update

"The Cormorant" by Abigail Hilton is the largest audio project I've ever taken on.  Unfortunately, I've fallen behind (I've pretty much been behind the whole month of March), and will probably only be halfway done by the first of April (the deadline was March 11th).

We all have tasks that become daunting and start to feel overwhelming.  We have to pace ourselves, and do what we can to avoid getting burned out.  Something that I've done recently is open a second audio project at the same time as "Cormorant" (such as an Outcast episode or one of my own stories) and alternate the work between them--a five minute segment from one, then a five minute segment from the other.  It's not a perfect system, but I'm able to sit for an hour or so without screaming, and that's something.


She has already started releasing the audiobook on her Patreon feed (you can check out the first chapter RIGHT HERE), so that gives me a second ticking clock, which I probably need, to be frank.

I want to write, I want to publish, and I want to start doing the "Delusions of Grandeur" podcast again, but man, I really only have time to record, and edit, and re-record, and look up pictures of the sister in the SHAZAM! movie.  So, I'm going to keep pressing on, and maybe, just maybe, one day I'll look up and there will be light up ahead.  I'll let you know.

No comments: