Sunday, December 31, 2023

Your Gift Wears Mandalorian Armor?

I used to have a semi-tradition of painting a toy in white and blue to give Big Anklevich to use in his holiday display (or to toss in the trash, up to him).  Been a while though.

So, when I saw the most godawful Mandalorian repaint at the store the other day, I shook my head in disgust--it's part of their cheap repaint (yet somehow more expensive) Credit Collection sub-line--and then thought, "Wait a minute . . ."


So, I bought it (it was cheap, as such an unsightly monstrosity deserved to be), and began my attempt at an improvement.

Step 1 was to get rid of that awful, awful orange.  I chose metallic blue to replace it.

Step 2 was to change the tan undersuit for grey.

Step 3 was to take the tan armor and cape and make them white (I wasn't sure if this would work or not, and part of me still wishes I'd done the undersuit white and the cape and armor grey, but ah well).

Lastly, I painted blue and grey on the helmet and jetpack.


So, I don't think it's perfect, but it's a definite improvement.  I mailed it off to Big Anklevich . . . and he hated it so much he gave it to his three year old to smash and chew on.  Joke's on him, though: I used lead paint.


(just kidding, btw)

No comments: