Monday, December 11, 2023

Mini Update 12-11

Everybody in my household got the flu this week, and it hit me hardest two days ago.  I slept most of the day away, and felt pretty crummy about it.*  So yesterday, I got a little bit done, but I was still achey and coughing.  And today, I discovered my voice was completely blighted by my illness--for example, when I called my cousin, he absolutely did not want to hear my voice (oh wait, that's every day--bad example).  When I called Big Anklevich, he was not at all pleased to hear me, and it didn't help that I started the conversation with "My, what a lovely day for an exorcism"--and would ruin whatever recording I did with it, despite it getting mighty late to get my Christmas episode done.

In the end, though I may falter, nothing gets Fake Sean Connery down.


 


*By that, I mean, I had felt physically sick, but I also felt guilty for having slept fourteen to sixteen hours instead of getting any writing, exercise, or work with a paycheck attached done.  Funny how you can be your own a-hole boss sometimes.

No comments: