Sunday, June 30, 2024

Learn "What Every Young Ghoul Should Know" on Pseudopod


I've only read a bit of Robert Bloch over the years*, but one of the very FIRST stories I ever recorded, back in 1990 or so, was 1938's "The Beetles" by Bloch, who I only knew as the author of Psycho at the time.**

So, I was thrilled when Shawn Garrett contacted me to record a very short Bloch story, "What Every Young Ghoul Should Know."  It's not really Horror so much as a humorous dig at publishing, originally published in Amateur Correspondent magazine in 1937.

I do wish it had been more substantial (my reading is less than nine minutes long and is followed by a full-length Bloch story called "Black Bargain"), but hey, I'm always pleased/flattered/grateful whenever the 'pod asks me to do another story.

Check it out HERE.




*Heads up, I just finished editing a presentation of a Bloch 1951 story for the next (probably) Podcast That Dares.

**Sadly, that's pretty much all anybody knows today, though it would be great if that were to change.

No comments: