Monday, June 17, 2024

How Hard Is It To Levitate?

 I ought to ask sometime if you guys like these bad A.I. posts.  But it doesn't matter: I have to blog about something, and these accidents of God amuse me.


They also frustrate me, because it's a kind of magic that there's a program that can create cover art for me, but 75% of the time, there's something wrong with the image.  And with my story "You're In Good Hands," it's so far 100%.

I wanted what looked like a pencil drawing of a young teen girl floating over her bed, hovering over her bed, levitating over her bed with her legs crossed.  And so far, it always gets something wrong.


So, this one's not terrible--okay, wait--the face is terrible.  Plus, she seems to be hanging from the curtains rather than floating.


This one is worse: not only is the face deformed, and the feet misshapen, but she appears to be sticking her hand into a light socket.


I tried something different on this one, thinking I was asking for too realistic a portrayal.  And while, yes, the girl IS floating, and yes, she looks like a human being (you just wait), it's way too cartoony for my needs (also, her hair is yellow, right, despite me asking for b&w?).  "You're In Good Hands" isn't a children's book, though it does feature a child.  So, back to the Pencil drawings.


Okay, this one's on the right track--she's at least floating rather than hanging, but her hands are on backwards

So, it's at this point that I have to mention that there seems to be a tremendous Anime influence on this program.  Often, when I type "teen girl," they end up in school uniforms, and invariably (no exaggeration) one of the six images has visible panties.  And I'm not casting aspersions on the folks that like that stuff, it's just that I'm uncomfortable sexualizing Lara Demming, especially back when she's twelve years old.


Alright, this one got the levitation right.  Her legs aren't crossed, and it's not above her bed like I wanted, but it's definitely floating rather than jumping or sitting.  Her face is rather ugly, but that's probably fixable.  I don't *hate* this one, and that's at least progress.


So, this is the best of the bunch (so far)--she has a normalish face, appears to float rather than stand or jump, but she is dressed in some kind of ballet outfit . . . and her feet are hands.


And this is probably the worst of the bunch.  I'm not even going to waste words, except to say that this is the exact same prompt as produced the last two.


Nothing terribly wrong here . . . except she's just standing on the bed.  Again, my prompt was, "A teen girl levitates above her bed, her legs crossed"  Oh, and her feet are too small.


Just out of curiosity, I typed "her legs Indian-style" rather than crossed.  This was the result.  Whoops.


I went back to my original prompt, and this time, you could see panties in almost all of them.  One even had nudity.  This was the best of the bunch, and while it's not what I want--the pillows are floating too?--it's much, much closer.


This one's even closer.  It's almost exactly what I want, as far as what it depicts, the right number of arms and feet.  But she's making a Y in the air in front of the bed rather than what I asked . . . though I could be satisfied with this, if I had to be.


I had another odd one to share, and here it is.  Not an absolute abomination, but if you saw this in your room at night, you'd get no sleep, I assure you.


Again, not awful, though the girl's face is pretty bad.


oh my god


Okay, this is the one I settled on.  It had problems, so I tried to remove the portal to Hell at the bottom, make her face slightly less misshapen, and remove the third foot.  I realize the feet don't quite look right, but it seems to be the best I can do, especially considering how much time I've wasted on it. 

Oh, shoot.  Now I've wasted your time too, haven't I?

No comments: