Friday, June 21, 2024

DID I Finish Another Story Eight Years Ago?

So, I posted about "Beware Hitchhiking Ghosts" the other day, and how proud I was of my younger self for finishing a story I thought I'd abandoned halfway through.

Well, let's not start sucking each other's d***s quite yet.


I started to format the story, put in chapter numbers and such, check for ___s (which I'll often put if I forget the word for something or a name I mentioned previously) and BETTERWORDs (which I often type after a word that I don't love, but gets the point across).  And yes, it includes a "the end" at the bottom of the document, but about smack-dab in the middle, it included the two dread words "WRITE SCENES."

Nope, I hadn't finished the story.  I had skipped the part where they have a good, sexy time, and jumped to where they haven't seen each other in a while, because the happy part of a relationship is always the hardest for me to write.  So, that means I wasn't done with the story after all.

I did, however, spend about an hour writing a couple of new scenes that would take place during that section, and probably need one or two (or possibly three) more before I would have the gap bridged.  THEN, only then, a Jedi will I be.

Sorry.

No comments: