Monday, May 13, 2024

Another Day, Another Gallon

A couple of years ago, I read an article about a woman who drank a gallon of water a day for an entire month.  It totally changed her life for the better, and in the end, she threw water (for lack of a better term) on the whole thing by proclaiming she was glad the month was over and she'd never have to drink water again.

It pissed me off enough to write this story, "A Gallon A Day," which is available o'er on Amazon.  It gives the month-long blog posts of Catherine Reilly, who tries drinking a gallon of water, as difficult as it is, every day for the month of April.  And it really does change her life . . . in increasingly impressive ways.*  I'm not sure how successful the story is, but it was really fun putting myself in the shoes of a made-up stranger for thirty-one fake blog entries, something I'd enjoy trying again one day.  Check out the story HERE!

P.S. I did record an audio version of this one, but though it's quite well done, it'll only be available in the Female Protagonist audio collection, available soon.



*I originally was going to write it from a male point-of-view (to make it less like a copy/parody of the actual woman's experience), but feared it would grow tiresome after having sex with eight to twelve co-workers, strangers, and supermodels throughout.  I still wonder how different that would have been from the woman's perspective.


No comments: