Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Progress On The Female Front

One of the goals I set for myself in May is to get the Female Protagonist audio collection published.  And believe me, it's waaaaaaaaaaay more work than just doing the text version (even a paperback text version).*  Some of the files are old, and have to be leveled and noise-reduced.  For some reason, I included Author's Notes at the end of the stories (most of them, anyway), and a few of those I hadn't recorded before, so I have to sit down, record them, clean them up, edit them, and then upload them.

But there's a palpable thrill I get seeing the total runtime go up and up and up.  It happened when I reached two hours, happened on three, and I imagine it'll happen on four (and five and maybe six, who knows how long we'll get here?).

I've found two typos in the Author's Notes (should that be capitalized?), and I'll go ahead and fix those in the digital version, but I don't know that I will for the print versions--who even reads A Word About The Story at the end?

Here's my current screenshot of progress:

More than halfway there.  I think can do this.  Just pretend you'll buy it, and I'll work faster.


*I originally typed "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay," but didn't want to be childish.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

Another 55 seconds and you get to have another thrill.