Wednesday, May 29, 2024

More Cover Wrongness

So, I recently posted that "Not Every Cover Is Art" blog post, where I showed some of the mistakes A.I. has created for me, in pursuit of cool covers for my stories.

Last time, I mentioned trying to get one of the Grim Reaper with a baby, and hey, I still have the images.

Now, that's just gross.

I like the Reaper, but those hands . . .

This one is really good . . . except for the flesh hands (and extra fingers).

Ummm . . .

For my story "A Gallon A Day," I asked for a woman drinking a gallon of water.

This one's close to fine, actually, except for the little Quatto hand . . .
which I could probably erase if I really liked the rest of it (which I don't).


Same woman, but new oddness.  Please note the monster-like claw
and some kind of futuristic water/breathing apparatus (and extra thumbs).


This feels like one of those Count How Many Things Are Wrong With This Pictures,
from the glass sort of in her mouth to the extra hand  to the water itself (what is going on there?). 
At least she has the correct number of fingers.  Do you?


This is the one that decided me to just remove the girl altogether.  The popsicle/water dispenser is neat,
but the gallon of water looked pretty enough by itself that it's what I went with for the real cover.

Here's another try for a "Friends in Paradise" cover.

It doesn't really work--but if she were turned toward the huge wasp, I might have used it.

Another attempt of a baby reaching out to someone.

Like the poster said, "For God's sake, get out!"

I asked for a doll dressed in black, wearing a veil.

You know, that Sydney Sweeney really is something after all.

This one isn't so bad, really.  It was supposed to be a teen girl hanging a banner in a high school hallway.


But look more closely.  How many things can you see wrong with this image?

For example, her hand is bent the wrong way.

And of course, the weird lettering (which seems unavoidable with English text, at least for now).

Her face is almost normal . . . just a little beestung.

The hallway is awfully narrow and compact, but I do like the reflection of her feet on the floor.

Wait, is someone sort of standing behind her in the hall there?

I wasn't kidding before: get out!!!

No comments: