Monday, September 02, 2024

Novel Progress (Or Lack Thereof)

My big goal for August was to get my audio production of my novel "Balms & Sears" to sixty percent.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it.  

I did record two chapters last week, though, which isn't nothing*, and maybe I'll do one more tonight.  Still, at this point of the month (written back in August), I'm at nineteen percent, with no signs of getting more done.  I did go to the library and formatted the next couple of chapters (they have MS Word there you can use for free), but whoa, I discovered a chapter that was supposed to have gone earlier, and instead of simply snipping it and pasting it early in the narrative, I simply changed a couple of details so it works where it appears.  That sort of thing--it will come as no surprise to you--eats up a lot of writing time.  Sigh.

And since I'm here, I'll go ahead and post my Exercise Goal progress, instead of making it two posts (I originally wrote this all before, a week ago, but the laptop restarted as I drove back from the cabin and I lost it all (as usual).

So, at least as far as exercise goes, I'm way ahead of the pack.


*Though my "chapters" tend to be so small, they should hardly qualify as such.  I know the rules aren't set in stone, but I probably ought to do that thing where there are only ten or twelve chapters, and each one has several "segments" or sections of the story in them.  But it's too late for me now, son.  Maybe I'll implement that on the next one.

No comments: