Sunday, November 13, 2022

11-13

So, I've been home for a number of days, and my body has not yet recovered from the time change.  Two nights ago, we went to see WAKANDA FOREVER, and due to that, I didn't get to sleep until around three, and that was fine . . . but it caught up to me last night, when I was super sleepy at eight or so, ended up falling asleep until nearly four in the morning, and couldn't go back to sleep after that, so I podcasted for three hours, ate breakfast, and am now blogging, even though my morning alarm won't go off for another hour.

But there has been a positive to this weird sleep schedule: I've used it to podcast in the pre-dawn hours of the morning.  Unfortunately for my listeners, that's gonna mean a lot of episodes about my trip to Europe (the first one will just be for the Patreon supporters).  And unfortunately for me, that's hours and hours of editing, somewhere other than the cabin, where my brother informed me there are three or four feet of snow, making it inaccessible to anybody not on a snowmobile.

One of these days, I will man up and take my laptop to the library, put on headphones, and edit for an hour or two straight, with no distractions.  As it stands, I edit with my laptop on the bed, and if I get distracted, I stop editing, or if I get bored, I fall asleep.  I can do better.

Anyway, I had set a mini-goal for myself to get 10,000 words written in the month of November, despite having zero words written during my vacation.  I have gone to the library three days in a row, but only managed a few hundred words in that time, so unless I become really inspired (or really dedicated), I doubt I will achieve my goal.  But it's good to try things, even if you fail.

This is my progress so far:

11-10 567
11-11 413
11-12 369
11-13 Zero


1349 / 10000 words. 13% done!

No comments: