Sunday, August 11, 2024

Even When It's Bad...It's Still Pretty Good

I suppose it's time for me to start doing this again--promoting something that I wrote that you can choose to buy, if only you know it's out there.  Big once challenged me to write a story about my time working at Little Caesar's Pizza, and wrote one of his own, the excellently-named "Little Caesar's Ghost."  So, much, much later, here is mine.

It took me a while to come up with a title for this post.  I wanted to do a play on the word "pizza" or "triangles" or some reference to three-ways, even though the story isn't about that.  I didn't come up with anything great, but it'll do.

This was my original attempt at a cover, before I decided to let a machine handle it.

"Pizza Triangle" was one of the few non-genre stories I've written, trying to stretch myself as a writer.  There aren't any supernatural elements, and barely anything major or explosive goes on in its pages.

And that's a big part of why it took me over a decade to write it.  I had this idea of two best friends working at Little Caesar's Pizza, and how, when a pretty girl is hired, their friendship falls apart.  And that's soooooooooooooooooort of what "Pizza Triangle" is about.   

You can check it out HERE.

No comments: