Wednesday, August 07, 2024

A Novel Goal For August

So, one of my goals for July was to start work on publishing one of my completed novels ("When You Need It Most," "Balms & Sears," or "A Sidekick To Miracles"), and I picked Balms--the story about the boy in high school with the power to heal.  I started on it, and got about five chapters recorded.

For August, I set the goal of getting the book 60% finished (which means, getting sixty percent of the book recorded, since I revise and fix typos and do clarifications as I'm narrating--and ostensibly, by the time I read "the end" or the author's note, it should be ready to publish that very day) by the end of the month.  But to figure out where I am, I either need to number all the chapters and find out what sixty percent of that is, or do a page count and determine how many I've gotten through.  Easy, no?

I just sat down and recorded another chapter (and there were good bits in both).  So, right now, the manuscript is 192 pages (it'll expand, believe you me), and after three recording sessions, I'm on page 27.  By my math, that's 14% finished.  Not great, but I originally divided 192 by 27 and got 7 percent, which is worse.

I can do this.


No comments: