Saturday, April 22, 2023

Next Street After Cricket Court . . .

Years ago (more than twenty five . . . can it be?), my buddy Jeff moved away from home and got an apartment on Locust Lane, way, way up in the hills.  He sent me his address, and for some reason, "Locust Lane" struck me as particularly spooky, maybe even potentially terrifying.  I vowed to write a story called that one day, and never forgot it, reminding him time and time again that he used to live there.

It's shown up in at least a dozen of my stories, and in the Lara & the Witch novel, she goes to Miller's Fork to live with a family . . . you guessed it, on Locust Lane.

So, it both vexed and pleased me when I walked into the library today and saw this book in their New Release section:

I took a picture of it to share with Jeff.  But hey, I'll share it with you too.  Because, why the heck not?



No comments: