Sunday, June 05, 2022

Blog 6/3 - 6/5

6/3

I had to do the lines for four characters (all thieves) in a story called "Haus" this weekend.  I read through their descriptions, and decided to "cast" them in my head.  So, I did them as Liam Neeson, Jason Statham, Bill Paxton, and that skinny kid from DUNE.  Of course, they'll sound nothing like those actors, but it helped me keep the lines straight as they argued among themselves.

I had a little time on my hands, so I decided to just go to the cabin, even though it wasn't a Wednesday. 

I made it to the cabin with no issues, and when I reached the dirt road that my brother warned would be too muddy access last week, it was dry.  There was one patch of about eight inches of mud that I drove through, but there was nothing to worry about.  When I pulled up, I saw the mother deer and her two fawns from last year, right there on the back hill where I'd watched them grow up, and they are getting close to the same size.  The fawns are big and ungainly and pretty unattractive, which I suppose makes them the equivalent of teens at that awkward age (good luck, boys, some of us never outgrow that stage).

To my horror, about an hour before sunset, I heard a familiar voice outside: the four year old childe.  I stood up, and discovered that my brother-in-law had arrived, with three boys, and were spending the weekend.  THAT'S why I come up on Wednesdays, come to think of it.

Writing or Exercise: Exercise


6/4

I did a lot of audio editing today (part of it was, every time the kids and my brother went outside, I'd start editing podcasts again, like I was getting away with something, and once they were all gone, I jumped on it like a bad habit), and finally finished the audiobook for "Hatchling," which was a super long time in coming.  And that means I can start work on the next lengthy audio project (first up is "But Now I'm Found," because I set that as a goal for June, but after that, I'll probably record "Winter Break" or the twin story or possibly "The Bad Man In Room 2," since that one could be an Outcast episode), since I'll need plenty of material to while away the hours when I'm here.

Writing or Exercise: Exercise

6/5

I stayed at the cabin after my family left, even though I shouldn't have.  My brother is much like my father was, always finding things to fix, things that need doing, never sitting still long enough to get fat or old.



I took a little time to work on my blog, but I must've forgotten to save it, because there was nothing for the fifth, and my entry for the fourth ended in mid-sentence.  It bothers me to have wasted my time like that, over and over and over again, but I tend not to learn from my mistakes.*

Something pretty astounding about my two days at the cabin is that I've probably written only a dozen words.  These things go in cycles, I get that, and after doing my level best in May, June seems to be a month where I try to get in a bit better shape, writing be damned.  Or darned, at least.

Writing or Exercise: Both

*Of course, I just realized that there are more blog posts in the past (ie, before my death) than there are in the future.  Gulp.

No comments: