Saturday, June 11, 2022

6/10 & 6/11

6/10

I drove past a closed business today, and noticed some graffiti on a parking space.  I didn't really catch what it said, but I drove by again, and had to stop.



Somebody had written "Slut One" on a parking spot.  I tried to get my head around that.  Is it a designated spot for someone?  Does a certain person always park there?  Was that certain person parked there when the vandal decided to personalize the spot?  Of course I will never know, but it made enough of an impression on me that I stopped and took a picture.  I don't know why.

I came to the library for an hour or so tonight, and worked VERY LITTLE on "Balms & Sears."  Like I said yesterday, my heart's not been into writing much this month, and I keep meaning to sit down and record the rest of an audiobook, which I always count as writing, since it's basically rewriting.  But tonight, Ryan and I are going to go see JURASSIC WORLD 3, and though I've heard it's not good, I'm hoping I like it anyway.

Writing or Exercise:  Writing

6/11

I stayed up late last night watching old "Columbo" episodes.  They're really good, but I probably should have done some recording instead.  I'll try to do that tonight.

Today was the hottest day of the year (so far).  My cousin hates the heat with the fiery passion of . . . well, an average August day in Phoenix, but even I felt it today and yesterday, as the temperatures soared to nearly a hundred.  Of course, as Harry Truman famously said, "If you can't stand the heat, well, roll around on the ground until the fire's out, for God's sake."

Writing or Exercise:  Writing

No comments: