Thursday, June 02, 2022

Blog 6/2

The new month has begun, and I need to get back to the regular grind.  Since I didn't go to the cabin today, I spent my free time audio editing, and recording my Patreon address, but darned if the time didn't slip away as fast as it could (I didn't even fall asleep this time).

One of my goals for the month of June is to come up with a good idea for a short story.  That is something that happens on its own, but not with predictable regularity.  My brother is going to the cabin to chop down trees on Saturday, so I think I'll go with him and try to be inspired by something that I see or hear.  You never know.

I got out a story I wrote in February and did a second pass on it, calling it "Olivia Rewinds," which I'm pretty sure is not a good title, but my first idea, "Olivia Unwinds." didn't make narrative sense.  I'll keep thinking.

The other day, I got a "helpful" question from an eBay user asking me why I had a piece from a Build-A-Figure for such a high price.  Seriously, that piece goes for what the other five pieces go for put together.*  The user asked me how I could live with myself listing it for that high (he didn't technically call me the S-word, but oh, it was there, between the lines), and warned me that I'd never sell it for that price.  He'd give me fifteen, the helpful, generous stranger.

Well, today, it sold for fifty.  Just saying.


Alright, I finished a second pass of my story from February, and tried to come up with a good title for it.  I was leaning toward "Olivia's Rewinds," or "Olivia Backs Up," but once I'd closed the file and started for home, I thought I'd call it "Olivia Redux."  Not sure I understand that term correctly, but I like the sound of it.  If I wake up really ambitious one of these days, I'll record it and do an episode of the podcast for it.  Gotta warn you, though, the title's the best thing about it.

Writing or Exercise: Writing

*There is often one such BAF piece, which eludes collectors (such as the hands of The Blob, the head of Apocalypse, the Right Arm of The Rhino, the left leg of Abomination, or the backbone of Rish Outfield) because it came with a figure nobody wanted, or more rarely, the only figure anybody wanted.  I remember people selling the complete Sentinel Build-A-Figure a decade back for a hundred dollars, or just the head and chest piece for ninety dollars (I think I sold my last one for exactly that price).

No comments: