Tuesday, September 15, 2020

September Sweeps - Day 227

Now, on to something new.

My goal of September (besides getting through a push-ups session without wanting to give up) is to Write A Good Story.  We'll see how that goes.

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups in September: 2012

Push-ups Today: 0 (aw shite, I haven't done any push-ups, but it's 2:29am.  Do I really have to get up and do them?)

Words Today: 677
Words in September: 16,632

So, I finished recording the current audiobook project--which is good (only took thrice the amount of time I expected it to), though I don't know if I'll put it out on the Outcast or not (leaning toward not)--and that means it's time to move on to either my Ben Parks novel ("A Sidekick To Miracles" or the novel I wrote based on Big's write-a-song-based-on-a-Temallica-title prompt, called "My Friend of Misery").  To be honest, I'm leaning toward "Misery," because I wrote a Ben Parks short story this year ("A Sidekick's Errand") and I could do that one instead* and see if I can't write "Sins of a Sidekick" during the fall (or winter), and put it out in 2021, along with "Miracles."

It is good to have projects going, lined up one after the other.  It keeps you looking forward, keeps you working, and I'd hate to be that guy who retires from his job, gets the gold watch, and then dies not long after.  My dad was that way, working at the post office for decades, seeing friendly faces on his route, hanging out with other postal carriers half or a third his age, because he enjoyed doing what he did when he started, and only retiring when they made him do it.  And then . . . well, lots of chores around the house, I guess.  Being a writer is something I don't ever have to retire from, because I always have new ideas--more ideas than I can ever get written, even if every year were as productive as 2020.

Alright, push-ups done, dang it.

Push-ups Today: 38
Push-ups in September: 513

*I just checked, and it's 13,000 words, which'll end up a thousand more by the time I do the audio.  That shouldn't be more than two days' work, as far as recording goes.  I could publish it and be--  Oh shit, I'd need to do cover art for it.  My effing kryptonite.  Still, the last cover wasn't hard--just taking a picture of my nephew, and converting it to a painting.  I did it once, I can do it again.

No comments: