Sunday, March 01, 2020

12 Goals For 2020 - February

I figured I'd post this list every month or so, giving updates where applicable.  Again, this is really just for my benefit, but let me know if you have moral support to throw my way.


1.  Publish "The Calling: Reunion."
    Yep, all done.  Although, the same day I published it, I found a (minor) plot contradiction, and wrote a six hundred word addition to fix it.  So, that sort of thing is weird.  But then, so are my feelings about this book.  On the one hand, I love it, because it says something about me that I've never put in a book before, but on the other hand, I feel like it's all over the place.  I don't know how to write novels, and it shows.  But hey, I hope the stuff that does work carries the rest of it through.
   As far as the audiobook goes . . . Still waiting.
2.  Do Dunesteef Patreon with Big.
3.  Find Out Who Sings "I'm A Bad Liar" Song.
   Alright, enough was enough, so I looked it up.  Turns out it's Imagine Dragons, who are on the radio multiple times every single day.  Are they as overplayed in your town as they are in mine/theirs?
3a. Put Out "Tales of eBay Horror" Episodes.
   I put out one that I just made with my phone and a microphone.  I still have a couple more from last fall I need to put out, along with whatever I lost along with my camera.
4.  Finish "Balms & Sears" Novella.
    One day.
5.  Publish EITHER "A Sidekick To Miracles" or "YIGH" (Lara and the Witch 2).
   I finished a new Ben Parks story that is shorter and (I suspect) more manageable, so I'll probably put that out before ASTM.
   I did sit down to start recording the Lara story, but it was in terrible shape--you'd think I never even finished the story.  It was going to take some real work to get the file to where I can do the audiobook.  But that's something I will tackle in March.
6.  Finish "Podcatcher" short story.
7.  Do BOTH "Empire Strikes Back" and "Death Star Day" Episodes of "Delusions of Grandeur." 
I recorded "Death Star Day."  Haven't gotten it edited yet.  Although I think technically "do" meant put out there.
8.   Publish EITHER "My Friend of Misery" or audio version of "A Lovely Singing Voice."
   Not soon.
9.  Do "Till Death Do Us Meet" Episode With Marshal Latham.
    Sounds like Marshal has his own plans to do this story in fullcast.  If he does so, I'm still counting it.
10.  Put Out Christmas Story Collection.
11.  Put Out Audio Collection 4.
Nothing yet, but I did talk to Gino about doing another cover for these.
12.  Put Out TWO New "Dead & Breakfast" Stories.
    So, on January 25th, I finished "Three Time Visitor," though it's long and probably rough (and she was right: I'm just no good at the sex parts).  I may end up calling it something else, since that title doesn't express what I want it to.  But hey, that one's done.
And Gino DID get me a cover for "The Old Man & Me," which I like because it's thematically so similar to another cover he did me for the same series ("Touching the Other Side").  I think I'm halfway done with this goal.
Ooh, and then I just went crazy in February, writing story after story.  As long as I put out ONE, I have this in the bag.

Let's look at what I have accomplished, writing-wise, in 2020 so far:
1. Three-Time Visitor (D&B)
2.  Fisher & Florence
3.  Comics Trip
4.  Troubled Child
5.  Fatherless Child (D&B)
6.  Never Let Him Go (D&B)
7.  The Last Friday In December (D&B)
8.  A Sidekick's Errand
(I originally had "Daughter Death Star Day" listed first . . . but the date on it was actually December 30th)

No comments: