Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Good For Your Goal

One of the goals I've set for myself in 2024 is to publish my novel "Balms & Sears," a project I started in (I think) 2016 and didn't actually finish until 2022.  But if you're reading this, you know me, and that means you know there's no chance I'll actually achieve it.  To paraphrase Mace Windu, it's just not in my character.


But Big Anklevich, perhaps sensing a tremor in the Force, sent me the completed cover today, which has traditionally been the final step necessary before publishing.

And I think it looks good.  It doesn't EXACTLY convey what I intended--that of a boy who can heal dead or sick animals--but I'd say it's about 87% of what I wanted.  Plus, it's in black and white, and that really works for me, for some reason.


Will this be the last push I need to finally put the book out there?  It, uh, might.  Here's hoping.

No comments: